Monday 20 July 2015

My Summertime Skincare Routine

One of the main makeup related peeves people tend to ask me about is foundations "Which one will stay on all day? Which one will stop my greasy t-zone showing?? Which one will hide my dry patches??? Which one will combat my large pores????? " Well guys.. I hate to break it to you but... you have got to start from the bottom. (if you didn't sing the song in your head you are a better person then me). You can spend hundreds of pounds and buy tons of foundations but really what you need to do is tackle the skin problem in the first place! Change up your skincare routine (which I know can be scary if you are stuck in your ways!) and work out what your skin really needs, THEN go and spend your money in Boots or Sephora.. *

So with this in mind here is my current summertime skincare routine:

___________________________________________________________

MAKEUP REMOVER


The best makeup remover for all over face makeup is Bioderma - BY FAR - it is a french micellar water which thankfully has recently become available in the UK too. A Micellar water feels just like that - water - it is completely clear and scent-less, meaning it is perfect for all skins types and it removes even tough makeup. I love the stuff and am really glad that the drugstore has taken the trend and run with it too. (The Garnier version is a very good dupe and is much much cheaper so if you want to try it out I recommend getting that one!)
I use bioderma on a large cotton pad and remove all of my face makeup, I hold a cotton pad soaked in bioderma over my eyes for a few seconds to allow the formula to break up the mascara and eyeliner. 

If I am wearing a particularly tough mascara I am in love with Body Shop Camomile Cleansing oil! It is a really gentle oil that cuts through any waterproof makeup you need it too. I know using oil on your face sounds a bit gross but if you think about it like washing up dishes..(bear with me here..) if you have a really greasy pan then the best thing to cut through that is an oily washing up liquid.. oil cuts through oil! When you add water to the body shop camomile oil it foams slightly and leaves your skin feeling super clean and super soft. 

____________________________________________________________________

EXFOLIATOR

I use an exfoliator once a week to clear off any dry skin and help to prevent build up in my pores. At the moment I am loving Naobay 'Moisturising Peeling' It is gentle enough to not leave my face red and irritated after I use it but has done my skin wonders. Highly recommend. 

______________________________________________________________

MOISTERISER 

I have been using the Clinique dramatically different moisturising lotion, it does what it needs to do and soaks in quickly. No complaints here but I am still on the hunt for a moisturiser that blows this one out of the water.

_______________________________________________________________

FACE MASK
I use a face mask around once a week too, the one I have been using for a while is the NUXE Masque Crème Fraîche De Beauté (fancy name) the best thing about this mask is that you don't need to rinse it off! You smooth the cream all over your face, including the eyes, and let it sink in - after ten minutes you simply rub the remaining cream into the skin! I put this on just before bed and always wake up to amazing feeling skin.

          _______________________________________________________________


That's all for now folks!
x

I like Nars sheer glow - brightening, redness clearing, gives a 'glowing 'complexion- perfect for combination skin... L'oreal True Match similar to sheer glow except a little dryer and cheaper... L'oreal Infallible Matte - stay-all-day matte finish but still looks glowing - perfect for oily skin... MAC face & body buildable coverage, glowing complexion that can also be used on the body (hence the name) - perfect for dry skin. 

1 comment:

  1. I adore the Garnier Micellar water, I got it just a few weeks ago and it has changed my routine completely. Its just so gentle on the skin. I totally agree that it works for all skin types too because I have combo skin and it works perfectly for me.

    Caitriona | Blog

    ReplyDelete